May Timely Tips
Summer is here! Despite another crazy year, students can look ahead to a semi-normal school year ahead for next year. Learn how students can continue to grow both academically and personally this summer to prepare for (hopefully) in-person instruction for next school year.
- Start preparing for 9th grade by thinking about interesting extracurricular activities.
- Think outside of the box and make things happen virtually if many in-person opportunities are not available.
- Create a plan to improve on subjects that you think will be challenging next year.
- Be proactive during this time rather than taking the back seat.
- Stay involved in activities that you were in throughout the school year.
- Review courses that you struggled in last year and take an online class that interests you.
- Be as active as you can in person or virtually, and start planning future service projects if you are not able to participate.
- Even with continued changes, plan for the SAT, ACT and any difficult classes that you will be taking junior year through virtual resources such as Khan Academy.
- Start thinking of college-related opportunities to include in your college essays and supplements.
- Determine a number of specific colleges that are important to you.
- Consider who to ask for letters of recommendation to help your application.
- Start thinking of ideas for your personal essay.
- To help with your college essay, take advantage of virtual research opportunities, online college programs and other experiences to include.
- Finalize your college plans.
- Complete any documents that you owe to the college you are attending next year, such as planning orientation.
- Begin planning for your upcoming summer and/or fall classes.
- Look up ways to be involved next year as a freshman.
UCEazy counselors can guide you with everything listed above. Contact us today!