Timely Tips for Each Grade Summer 2019
Summer is here. Below are some ideas that students can use to continue moving forward.
- Start thinking about the transition from 8th to 9th grade by anticipating what extracurricular activities appear interesting to you.
- Take some risks in projects that you undertake or strengths that you want to develop.
- Review any material that you believe was not mastered last year or study any areas that you know will be challenging in high school.
- Finish this semester on a high note by allocating enough time in advance of finals. This will be great practice for more challenging finals in the future.
- Start building upon activities that were started during the school year and get involved in service projects. Find some new meaningful activities if previous options were not relevant long term.
- Review any content areas that need improvement for next year, and/or take a community college class that has relevance to your long-term interests.
- Finish strong the semester strong by thoroughly preparing for finals.
- Be active in the summer and start planning service projects. You may want to explore interests through community college classes or reading material.
- Prepare for the SAT/ACT exams and for any challenging courses which will be taken during junior year, as well as reflect on any college-related experiences in writing.
- Be sure to analyze with an objective, yet open mind what activities during the summer were helpful to your college preparation.
- Demonstrate your intent to study a major or show interest in a college that is very meaningful to you.
- Consider taking college tours and start reflecting on the meaningful experiences that have contributed to who you are today.
- Plan activities wisely, start preparing a thorough resume, consider letters of recommendation that will support your application, and write down ideas for your personal essay.
- Take full advantage of any college programs, research opportunities, and hands-on experiences that will help you write a college essay.
- Finalize your college plans and be sure to follow through on any outstanding items owed to the college you have chosen, such as attending an orientation.
- Start thinking about any classes that you will take this summer and/or fall
- Research opportunities that will be available to you as a new college student.
UCEazy counselors can guide you with everything listed above. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-833-9-UCEAZY to learn about our programs.