September Tips for 8th- 12th Graders
Now that school is back in session, students in the 8th-12th grades need to think about laying the foundation for a successful school year. This foundation will include an academic plan for the school year and self-discipline through time management.
8th – 10th Graders
Below are some tips to better understand how to work towards a routine of academic success:
- Consider academic goals for this year such as maintaining A and B grades throughout the school year.
- Stick to a routine that will allow you to overcome any unforeseen challenges.
- Complete homework as practice for the exam.
- Ask for help when homework becomes challenging and overwhelming.
- Choose a quiet place to study and go there in order to be free of distractions.
- Take notes after reading textbooks and review them if needed.
- Highlight and summarize key notes from class.
- Review at least three to five days in advance of tests and quizzes.
This is the most rigorous and most important academic year.
- Get ahead in your assignments and studying for exams
- Continue to develop extracurricular activities
- Work towards adding depth in your activities
- Get to know your supervisors/moderators well – you may need their support in future endeavors
Maintain strong work in academics
- Connect often with teachers, community members and counselors–they can support you with recommendation letters.
- Provide a thorough resume to people writing recommendation letters, and ask them in-person to write you a letter.v
- Continue updating your college list.
- Be realistic about which colleges will be a dream, target or high chance of acceptance.
Parents monitor students’ stress levels throughout the year. The routine approach listed above should give students a more balanced life, reduce stress and allow them to be involved in non-academic activities.
If you would like to learn more about UCEazy and our services then register for a free consultation, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-833-982-3299.