October Tips for 8th-12th Graders
Fall is in full swing, and it is important for students to continue building on their foundation for a successful school year. Below are some tips that will help students in each grade.
- Continue developing activities on your list.
- Start researching activities that will be interesting this year and for the remainder of high school and/or beyond.
- Dedicate time every month to make progress in these activities.
- Continue to explore clubs on campus.
- Apply for leadership positions within school clubs.
- Research opportunities at the local city hall.
- Take an additional step forward by aligning your activities with your interests and passions.
- Try to establish career goals through some of these activities.
- Remember this year is important for college preparation.
- Continue managing your time between academics and extracurricular throughout the week.
- Assess your time management. Are you allowing yourself enough time for school work, activities, sleep and social time?
- Evaluate grades. Are you doing as well as you planned?
- What are you doing in your extra-curricular activities? Are you making an impact?
- Consider activities that give back to the community.
- Create a standardized test plan.
- Create application accounts if you have not done so – Common App., Coalition App, and school-specific applications.
- Register to take your last standardized test in November or prior.
- Have you finalized your college list?
- Finish writing your main essay.
- Work on your supplement essays.
- Evaluate your grades. Remember, some colleges can still use these for admission decisions.
- Reconnect with your teachers who are writing your letters of recommendation and thank them.
- Meet with your high school counselor to verify your college list and confirm the dates when they will send your transcript
If you would like to learn more about UCEazy and our services then register for a free consultation, by contacting us at email@example.com or 1-833-982-3299.