May 2020 Timely Tips for Each Grade
Summer is here. Below are some ideas that students can use to continue to grow academically and personally, despite many COVID-19 related challenges they may face over the summer.
- Start thinking about the transition from 8th to 9th grade by considering interesting virtual extracurricular activities.
- Do not let sheltering-in-place prevent you from doing amazing things academically and personally. Think outside of the box and make things happen virtually.
- Incorporate a study plan to strengthen any subjects that you know will be challenging next year.
- Don’t procrastinate and self advocate. This may take some creativity during Distance Learning, but it will be a great skill to learn.
- If at all possible, continue participating in activities that you participated in during the school year and get involved in virtual service projects.
- Review any subjects that need improvement for next year and/or take an online class that has relevance to your long-term interests.
- Don’t let COVID-19 define your summer. Be active virtually, and start planning future service projects.
- Prepare for the SAT, ACT and any challenging courses that you will be taking junior year through Khan Academy or other virtual resources.
- Start to brainstorm any college-related experiences for you to include in your college essays and supplements.
- Narrow down specific colleges that are very meaningful to you.
- Think about letters of recommendation that will support your application.
- Brainstorm ideas for your personal essay.
- Take full advantage of any online college programs, virtual research opportunities and other experiences that will help you write your college essay.
- Finalize your college plans.
- Follow through on any outstanding materials that you owe your selected college, such as planning time for a virtual orientation.
- Think about your upcoming summer and/or fall classes.
- Research opportunities that will be available to you as a freshman.
UCEazy counselors can guide you with everything listed above. Contact us at email@example.com or 1-833-9UCEAZY to learn about our programs.