This Pathway helps students build a competitive profile for college admissions and supports them through the college application process. The one-on-one guidance from our team of highly qualified experts allows your child to put their best foot forward. This program is for students and families seeking a comprehensive approach with high-touch involvement from the UCEazy team.
Watch this short video from UCEazy’s Xcellerator Program Director Shari Schussel.
Targeted Topics Covered
- Extracurricular Strategy
- Summer Planning
- Course Selection
- Career/Majors Exploration
- SAT/ACT Strategy
- Applications & Essay Support (12th grade)
- Monthly meetings with a primary counselor
- Strategic focus from a holistic perspective
- Additional personalized support as needed
- Discuss the essentials for high school success & college preparedness
Access to UCEazy’s Software
- Our proprietary software mirrors college applications to help students improve their resume, activities and awards beginning in 8th grade.
End of the Year Assessment
- A third-party college admissions expert evaluates the student’s progress towards their college admissions goals on an annual basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I enroll in the UCEazy College Bound Pathway?
This program is for students who seek a comprehensive approach with high-touch involvement from the UCEazy team. Students in this Pathway are more engaged inside and outside of the classroom. This increases students’ competitive advantage and broadens their opportunities for college admission. Our counselors build a strong connection with students to support their growth and development to make a measurable difference.
2. What support is included in this pathway?
- Monthly one-on-one meetings are held with families
- Group classes for students and parents are offered on topics related to the student’s development and preparation for college admissions
- Access to UCEazy’s proprietary college resume building software
- End-of-Year Assessment from former college admissions readers to track progress towards students’ college admissions goals
3. How often will I be able to meet one-on-one with my counselor?
Students are scheduled to meet with their counselor on a monthly basis. However, the UCEazy mission is to help students and families reach their goals, so we always strive to meet the needs of our students.
4. What topics will my UCEazy counselor cover in the one-on-one meetings?
Our goal in College Bound is to help your child build the most competitive college resume. This is enhanced through our work to help develop students’ interests and passions. These meetings cover topics such as extracurricular strategy, course selection, career and college major exploration and summer planning. For 10th graders, testing strategy and creating an initial college list are also covered.
5. What grades is this pathway for?
The pathway includes comprehensive guidance through the end of 12th grade.
6. What if my student struggles with writing?
Our one-on-one writing program helps students develop the necessary skills to write high-impact college essays. This optional program is offered to students in 9th and 10th grades and runs through the end of 11th grade.
7. What are your counselors’ credentials? How can I be certain my child will connect with their counselor?
It’s easy to state that every UCEazy counselor has earned at least a Master’s degree. However, it’s important to note that our counselors are hired after extensive due diligence and a rigorous interview process. This process is to ensure they are kind, empathetic and have experience supporting students and families just like yours. While we are confident your child will connect with their counselor, we will happily find a better fit for your student. You can review our counselor profiles here.