Grade Tips for March
Students are marching towards Spring Break. Make sure they continue to use their time for their advantage. Below are some ideas on how students can continue moving forward during this month.
- Prepare for 9th grade by developing strong study habits, reading for pleasure and reviewing math concepts that may be difficult next year.
- Select classes for 9th grade that represent a balance between academic rigor and personal development of interest and passions.
- Reflect on the first and current semester when selecting classes for next year.
- Finish the first year of high school with a focus on understanding quality study habits.
- Start or continue exploring activities that have personal meaning.
- Understand a need to balance classes and extracurricular activities next year.
- Make sure summer plans are reasonable and a good use of time.
- Be aware of study habits and prepare for the rigor of multiple AP classes in this key academic semester.
- Think about adding depth to your extracurricular activities and commit to quality over quantity.
- Finalize pre-college applications, internships and other summer opportunities during this month.
- Start off and continue strong this semester because it is one of the last to raise your GPA.
- Plan dates to take the SAT/ACT and put an effort towards a few extracurricular activities of highest interest, during this month.
- Visit colleges during spring break if possible.
- Apply to pre-college programs and other career-related opportunities that may demonstrate a current and/or future passion.
- Stay current on key deadlines and dates for colleges you are considering. Some have deadlines for transcript submissions and financial aid documents.
- Take advantage of admit weekends or campus visits. These will help you make informed decisions on which college to attend.
- Check for updates and critically examine the benefits of all colleges that have accepted you.