Dr. Candy Navarro
After completing her Master’s from Harvard, Dr. Candy Navorro began her career in admissions at University of Southern California. Currently, she serves as the Director of College Advising in an elite private high school, as an Alumni Interviewer for Harvard and an Application Reader for USC.
I was a first generation college graduate. Given my parent’s lack of access to a formal education, I have always had a passion to pursue higher education which motivated me to pursue two Master’s(Harvard University and the University of La Verne) degrees and a doctorate in education (Loyola Marymount University). Higher education completely changed my life which has motivated me to help students find their best fit colleges for the last 13 years in various high schools and as an admission counselor for selective university admission.
This is a family journey. My goal is to ensure that parents are part of the journey in a constructive way. bring an entire fam through the process.
During my free time, I am hiking with my dog who is a lab/german shepherd mix. I also really enjoy hot yoga for a hard workout and relaxation.
- Pitzer College – BA Psychology and Spanish
- Harvard University – Ed. M. Education
- University of La Verne – M.S. Counseling & PPS Credential
- Loyola Marymount University – Ed. D in Educational Leadership for Social Justice
- WACAC – Western Association of College and Admission Counseling
- NACAC – National Association of College and Admission Counseling
- ACCIS – Association of College Counselors at Independent Schools
- NAIS – National Association of Independent Schools