Timely Tips for March
Spring is in the air, which means Spring Break is coming to a school near you. Students need to use their time wisely as they approach summer. Below are some ideas on how they can continue moving forward in March.
- Prepare for 9th grade by developing strong study habits, reading for pleasure and reviewing math concepts that may be difficult next year.
- Select classes for 9th grade that represent a balance between academic rigor and personal development of interest and passions.
- Reflect on the first and current semester when selecting classes for next year.
- Finish the first year of high school by focusing on quality study habits.
- Begin and continue exploring activities with personal meaning.
- Understand the need to balance classes and extracurricular activities next year.
- Make sure summer plans are reasonable and are a good use of time.
- Be aware of study habits and prepare for the rigor of multiple AP classes in this key academic semester.
- Add depth to your extracurricular activities and commit to quality over quantity.
- Finalize pre-college applications, internships and other summer opportunities.
- Focus on your grades. They are especially important during the second semester because this is the last chance to raise your GPA.
- Plan dates to take the SAT/ACT and put an effort towards a few extracurricular activities that you are most interested in.
- Visit colleges during spring break if possible.
- Apply to pre-college programs and other career-related opportunities that may demonstrate a current and/or future passion.
- Stay up-to-date on key deadlines and dates for any scholarships you are considering.
- Take advantage of admitting weekends or campus visits. These will help you make informed decisions on which college to attend.
- Check for updates and critically examine the benefits of all accepted colleges.
To learn more about UCEazy’s programs for students in 8th-12th grades, email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-833-9UCEAZY.