What Students in 11th – 12th Grades Need to Know for Back-to-School
Despite the current climate, the 2020-2021 school year is right around the corner. Students need to be aware of their priorities and develop the skills to complete them for a successful year. Below are some tips that UCEazy has prepared to help 11th and 12th graders while virtual learning.
- This is your last academic year for colleges to consider students. Therefore, approach studying with the utmost importance, regardless of whether your classes are online or in person.
- During this academically challenging year where students are studying diligently for their AP/Honors courses, set time aside to practice for the ACT/SAT. It is unknown which colleges will remain test-optional for the class of 2022, so it is best to plan ahead.
- This is a great time for students to further explore and deepen relationships with professionals who can support them during the college admission process and beyond.
- Discover dynamic accomplishment opportunities to put on your high school resume.
- As you prepare for writing college essays, look in the past and towards the future to convey a story that is unique.
- Senior year is about balancing important activities within a timeline. Students need to tap into their network of support, study persistently and strongly finish activities to convey how they have developed over time.
- Throughout the Fall, focus on high-quality studying and speak with your UCEazy counselor about ACT/SAT testing while most colleges are test-optional.
- Students should closely work with teachers and staff to earn recommendation letters and while writing personal essays.
- Students and parents should take a realistic approach to form a college list while keeping potential majors in mind.